[Sca-cooks] Re: Re: Digest---choc and celery and germs

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu Mar 23 08:06:55 PST 2006

In a message dated 3/23/2006 9:58:53 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
elisabetta at klotz.org writes:

<<The natural fat in chocolate may lower cholesterol levels.  Studies are
being
done on this. They have found that it does not raise them.  The World Cocoa
Foundation has health research on their  website:
http://www.worldcocoafoundation.org/Basics/Health/resources.asp>>

And of course, the World Cocoa Foundation has no personal interest at all  in
trying to sell more chocolate, and therefore research found on their website
is certain to be accurate and unbiased.

I'd be more impressed with research from someone totally independent of any
affiliation with the chocolate industry.

I'm not saying you are wrong, just that the source you give may very well
present a carefully selected group of studies that support the idea that
chocolate is good for people, rather than including studies which indicate  health
risks.

I'm totally neutral on the whole issue as I hate chocolate and always  have.
Healthy or not, I won't be eating any (well, OK, I eat white  chocolate very
occasionally) in any quantity.

Barb
(Brangwayna has no idea what chocolate is.)