[Sca-cooks] Microbes

Judith L. Smith Adams judifer50 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 07:29:55 PST 2006

My daughter the RN and her husband the will-be-a-science teacher have some of these, and they ARE cute.

  Judith

Johnna Holloway <johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu> wrote:
  I get the Powell's Books Newsletter via e-mail.
This am they are including these as things to buy--

GIANT MICROBES
"We can't decide which is cuter, Bad Breath
or Gonorrhea ... but nothing is as cuddly and adorable as Mad Cow !
We're referring, of course, to the new Giant Microbes
: stuffed
animals that look like tiny microbes — a million times their actual
size! Each plush doll comes with an image of the real microbe it
represents, as well as information about the microbe, so kids (and, um,
adults) won't even realize they're learning as they're having fun. Best
of all, each is under $8! Share the gift of Sleeping Sickness
Polio, E. coli, Athlete's Foot, or Flesh Eating Disease with someone
you love." Pictures are cute.

Johnnae