[Sca-cooks] Spices and the Irish Common folk

Lawrence Bayne shonsu_78 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 11:47:11 PST 2006

"Corned" beef is not beef that was fed on corn. It is
actually brined or pickled beef in order to preserve
it and was brought to the UK and other places by Jews
and the Crusaders return from the Holy Land.

It was generally the way that OLDER TOUGHER beeves
were treated to make them more tender and so the
common people would very likely have enjoyed it as old
tough meat was most of their meat allotment.
BB
YIS
Lothar