[Sca-cooks] Pho

Mairi Ceilidh jjterlouw at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 27 11:50:12 PST 2006

There is a restaurant near my house that serves pho.  My apprentice and I
have learned that we go into withdrawal if we do not get there at least once
a week.  Fresh made, by the people who know the stuff, it is beyond belief
good.

I first met pho at a little hole in the wall in Tampa, FL.  They had the
best I ever had.  I still pine for the loss of that little place, and will
keep looking until I find another place that is as good.  (My local place is
very good, but the one I used to frequent in Tampa was phenomenal.)

Is it Thursday yet?????

Mairi Ceilidh

So, R&M, in their quest for easy foods to take to work for lunch, came home
with something called "Pho", which is an Asian soup, rather like ramen,
except it uses rather wide, flat rice noodles, and comes in its own pastic
cup for nuking or eating at work. And yes, it's rather good, as such things
go- has reasonable spicing, comes in chicken and beef.

But what's REALLY neat about it, is it comes with the cutest lttle folding
plastic fork...

Phlip, obviously easily entertained...