[Sca-cooks] Pho and dishware

marilyn traber 011221 phlip at 99main.com
Mon Mar 27 12:42:43 PST 2006

> Folding fork?  Cool! Wonder if that will in time come to be regarded
> like the invention of the straight fork?

Well, there's lots of folking forks around- I think I remember a Medieval
one, as far as that goes. Just not plastic disposables, so you can eat your
noodles conveniently ;-)

> Just in case this would help other people who'd like to take their
> own homemade food to work...The people that make correlleware (sp?)
> have a white 22 ounce soup mug of correlleware that has a plastic/rubber
> microwavable lid.  The lid has a rim around the inside and the
> outside of the mug so it fits really tight.  The lid has a vent you
> can open when you microwave it.  It can go in an insulated lunch
> sack with blue ice to work. This new line has some ramekin type
> dishes(but larger) with the tight lid too that are wider and  better
> for a heated entree.

Sounds interesting. I'kll forward this to Margali. At the moment, she and Rob
have a couple sets of the plastic partitioned plates they're using.

> We like to make a large enough pot/dish of something to make several
> meals out of and portion it out for future meals.

I've been doing that two, but they aren't always in the mood for leftovers.

> And these containers are a good solution for areas or people
> interested in reducing waste going to the landfills,

Jeeze, sound like a FreeCycler to me ;-)

> people looking
> for food with more reasonable sodium levels,

Yep. I'm not worried about sodium levels, I just don't like a lot of salt-
it's a flavoring, not a food group ;-) However, R&M LIKE salt, so that's not
a reason for them.

> or people who like
> homemade food better than processed.

Now that's me, all the way ;-)

How freezable are these containers?

> In any case they are useful
> for those unfortunate buildings where they won't let you have a live
> cooking fire in the office :-). Air quality? Sprinler systems? Ooops.
>
> Sharon
> gordonse at one.net

Speaking of which, I've seen these little set ups where you plug it into the
wall, set your coffee cup on it, and it keeps your coffee warm. Wondering how
marketable an outfit like that would be that heats a small bowl of something,
so you can eat without leaving your desk? I know she says that on Sundays,
when she's the only one there, she can't leave her desk long enough to nuke
anything.

Phlip