[Sca-cooks] Ghee for SCA cooking

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Mon Mar 27 14:09:10 PST 2006

King's Taste Productions wrote:

>There is a slight difference in taste
>(I think) between the two, but you're talking really fine-line heraldry
>here (sorry, a reference from my days married to a Kingdom Herald) - for
>all intents and purposes it is the same end product.
>$10 a quart is indeed a great price.

Yes, you are correct, there is a difference in the production method and
the taste is slightly different (ghee has a slightly nutty, "cooked"
taste).  The difference is probably slight enough, though, that one can
be substituted for the other in many circumstances.

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?