[Sca-cooks] Pasta making and baking with semolina flour

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Mar 28 06:56:37 PST 2006

Semolina is a hard wheat flour produced in varying degrees of fineness.  The
type I get is roughly equivalent to masa harina (corn flour).  You can use
the semolina as the flour in most bread recipes.  The result will be a
coarser crumb with good aeration and (hopefully) a fuller flavor.

There may be a recipe or two for semolina breads out in the Florilegium.

Bear