[Sca-cooks] re:knock you up

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Wed Mar 29 06:11:23 PST 2006

Years ago at a University Restaurant hang out in MO, There was a back room
with students studying or gaming. A student from England showed up with one
of the regulars and an enjoyable conversation commenced. When she was about
to leave she said "If ever you are in England, knock me up sometime." The
room went quite (majority of the room were males). When she was told the US
meaning she turned beet red (note obligatory food reference) and then
explained what it meant in England.
Lyse