[Sca-cooks] Lampascioni or Muscari aka pampascioni, vampagioli

Judith L. Smith Adams judifer50 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 29 08:25:29 PST 2006

    Sharon Gordon wrote:
>> Recently I learned that this wild hyacinth is good to eat and has been eaten
 in Italy for a long(unquantified in source) time. <<
  SNIP

  Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1 at comcast.net> wrote:

  <<<I've heard of hyacinth being made into brandy. In fact, there's also a
hyacinth that's very poisonous...and, when you wanted to "off" someone,
you'd present them with brandy made of the poisonous stuff, which
evidently looked just like the good stuff.

Kiri  >>>

  Sounds to me like a plot in search of a period murder mystery :-)

  Judith