[Sca-cooks] Sweet Home, Alabama

cldyroz at aol.com cldyroz at aol.com
Wed Mar 29 14:51:07 PST 2006

 There is a world and 500 years difference between Sunday Dinner and a Feast menu. How I fry my chicken on Sunday for a family dinner is very different from how i would prepare a chicken for a Feast.
Green Beans are broken (not cut) and cooked gently in a large pot with a whole onion due to the water in the area-the beans turn bitter, if you don't use the onion.
Peach Cobbler is fresh peaches, cooked slowly with sugar and nutmeg till tender, add butter and vanilla, turn into a crust-lined pan and do a latticework crust on top. bake till brown
Frankly, we don't know That much about fruits and vegetables to say for sure they were not cooked that way somewhere in Period.
but,no, I will not serve Green beans as a vegetable at a Feast. I will and have served rice. I didn't get to do the dessert course, but a pie of an in-season fruit would go well here, and I beleive, can be documented.

Helen