[Sca-cooks] Knives

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 30 00:32:01 PST 2006

I was recently laughed at by a friend for my collection of carbon
steel knives - odd ones i've picked up here and there, over the past
nearly 40 years. My favorite is my Sabatier with a wonderful rounded
real wood handing and perfect balance that i've had since 1967. I'm
not sure what the name of the type of knife is... the blade is about
6 inches long, i think and quite a bit wider where the metal goes
into the handle.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita

-----

The corpse exuded the irresistible aroma of a piquant, ancho chili
glaze enticingly enhanced with a hint of fresh cilantro as it lay
before him, coyly garnished by a garland of variegated radicchio and
caramelized onions, and impishly drizzled with glistening rivulets of
vintage balsamic vinegar and roasted garlic oil; yes, as he surveyed
the body of the slain food critic slumped on the floor of the cozy,
but nearly empty, bistro, a quick inventory of his senses told
corpulent Inspector Moreau that this was, in all likelihood, an
inside job.

--Bob Perry, Milton, Massachusetts (1998 Winner, Bulwer-Lytton contest)