[Sca-cooks] Documentation "Fun"...was "Potatoes andpersonalissues"

Gretchen Beck grm at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun May 21 10:24:13 PDT 2006

>> How do you square this with allergies? I allways post a menue somewhere
>> pulic, which lists the name of the dish, the source, and what it
>> contains. Sometimes I have a "restaurant style" description as well.
>> That way people can know that the strawberryes contain almonds, that
>> the cawdel of saumon do not (I tend to nick the fast day alternation of
>> "milk of kine or almond", reverse it, and use to get around the dreaded
>> 5-verions-of-everything syndrome whenever needed)

For this, you employ the servers -- for each course, tell the servers (or
have the head serveer do this) what each dish is and instruct them on how
you want it to be presented (You know, "ok, now, when you get to the table,
show the platter to the table and tell them what dishes are on it"). It may
not get the info to every table, but it will to most, and if you establish
the habit, the servers will start asking. Another possibilitie is to herald
each course -- have a herald announce that the course is being served and
call out the names of the dishes. This allows folks to match the dishes in
a course with the recipes in the documentation.

toodles, margaret