[Sca-cooks] Bread and wine in the Catholic church

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Sun May 21 22:17:36 PDT 2006

Most Protestant denominations "reinact" with saltines and grape juice (or
even wafers and/or wine).  Catholic and Orthodox Churches are the only ones,
IIRC, with doctrine of transubstantiation.

Makes you wonder if anyone ever really thinks about the implications of
actual weekly (or daily) ritual cannibalism as they cross themselves in
front of the priest . . . . I always do (did since my mid 20's).

niccolo difrancesco