[Sca-cooks] A few more words on lambs

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sun May 21 22:30:32 PDT 2006

> Olivier de Serre, in "Theatre d'Agriculture et Mesnage des Champs" (1600)
> mentions about lamb that they leave their mother around the month of April
> (around 4-5 months old - page 319) and are castrated on the month of March
> of their second year (around 15-16 months old - page 323).

Ok, so you are saying that the lambs in that time and place were born in
December-January?

I'm collecting information on period sheepherding for a friend, and it's
interesting to hear such a radical difference from our modern sheep, who
give birth in February/March.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on
imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand."
	-- Harry S. Truman