[Sca-cooks] Bad Cooking at Feasts - was Re: good taste

tom.vincent at yahoo.com tom.vincent at yahoo.com
Mon May 22 08:46:56 PDT 2006

That's what I was thinking, too.  Several people said something like 'good documentation cannot compensate for bad cooking'...I can think of overcooked-to-the-point-of-mush veggies or charred-on-the-outside-frozen-on-the-inside steaks as 'bad cooking'...

A local 'Cajun' (and I use that term loosely) restaurant actually prepares jambalaya with crisp (non-sauteed) celery, which I found jarring, not innovative.

So, what are some examples of 'bad cooking' folks have encountered at SCA feasts?

Duriel

Tom Vincent
When shall it be said in any country of the world, my poor are happy; neither ignorance or distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want, the taxes not oppressive; the rational world is my friend because I am friend of its happiness; when these things can be said, then may that country boast of its constitution and government.
-- Tom Paine