[Sca-cooks] Bad Cooking at Feasts - was Re: good taste

Lonnie D. Harvel aoghann at gmail.com
Mon May 22 11:18:28 PDT 2006

The one that has stuck in my memory for 20+ years were the Desiccation
Balls. I am not sure what they were supposed to be. Delightful looking
little balls of baked dough. Pop them in your mouth, and by some
strange chemical or magical property, every ounce of moisture was
sucked out of you. The feast hall erupted into fits of hacking and
coughing with desperate grabs for any available liquid. Quite a
frightening experience. There was actually a moment when I thought I
was going to choke.

I have absolutely no memory of anything else that was served. Probably
due to the loss of brain cells when I couldn't breathe.

Aoghann