[Sca-cooks] Title of an ex-Viceroy

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue May 23 06:38:29 PDT 2006

While Artemisia was still a principality of Atenveldt, there was a (thankfully) brief try at giving our ex-landed's titles of "Thegn" and "Banthegn" when they were stepping down.  I think it was an attempt to discriminate between the "court barony" of a former-landed, and a plain court barony.  Now, we just use "baron" and "baroness" with a number.  The founding baroness, for instance, would be "Whoozits, Baroness Swamp Water," and the subsequent baronesses would be "<insert name here>, 1st/2nd/34th Territorial Baroness of Swamp Water."  Or something like that (I'm all muddled this morning....)  I'm not sure, without looking it up, if this is kingdom custom or kingdom law, though....
And here, we do give these to all baronage who are stepping down.  Slang terms I've actually heard used to refer to them (and all said *by* some of them) include "landless white trash" and "euro-trash." ;o)
--maire