[Sca-cooks] transporting hot food WAS: Veggie suggestions

Kerri Martinsen kerrimart at mindspring.com
Tue May 23 08:45:40 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
>From: Ysabeau <ysabeau at mail.ev1.net>

 I'm hoping
>that if I bake the Hungarian tarts and pop them into an insulated cooler
>straight from the oven they should stay warm enough to serve for at least an
>hour. I can cook the sausages on the grill on site.

Be sure you protect your plastic cooler from the hot dishes.  Towels would work.  You can also put a brick in the oven while your dishes are cooking and then transfer said brick to the cooler to help maintain a higher temp.  Again protecting cooler from hot brick (put hot brick on cold brick).

Might help.  Good luck!

Vitha