[Sca-cooks] Seeds for period vegetables

Patrick Levesque petruvoda at videotron.ca
Tue May 23 17:49:47 PDT 2006

I'm finally buying a house (Yay!) and although by the time I'll have moved
in and settled properly it will be to late to contemplate growing anything,
I want to get ready for next year.

Right now I'm thinking of transplanting a Montmorency cherry tree, growing a
few small vines and some period vegetables as well. (Don't have that much
space, unfortunately, or I'd go for a couple of pear trees as well).

I'd like to know if you can recommend any reliable source for period
vegetable seeds (Montreal is a 5B rusticity area, so I can't grow everything
over here, but most of the basic stuff should be all right).

As always, organic produce and local distributors are preferred, but I'm not
too sure I'll have a lot of options in this situation.

Thanks!

Petru