[Sca-cooks] cress sandwiches

Ana Valdes agora158 at gmail.com
Wed May 24 07:39:32 PDT 2006

They are quite nice in sandwiches with shrimps and salmon. They are
nice to make devil eggs and mix the cress with aioli and lime.
In England they are the base of a lot of sandwiches to take with the tea.
Ana

On 5/24/06, Volker Bach <carlton_bach at yahoo.de> wrote:
> or something. whatever...
>
> actually, I bought cress seeds at the local supermarket for a lark and tossed
> them in a pot next to my catnip, pennyroyal and rue, and they're growing
> nicely. Which is kind of embarrassing since I have no idea what I'm supposed
> to do with them. Does the green stuff go on sandwiches? Do I put it in salad?
> Are there some kinds of gourmet recipe I've never heard of?
>
> Help appreciated
>
> Giano

"A human being is a part of the whole, called by us 'Universe,' a part
limited in time and space.  He experiences himself, his thoughts and
feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical
delusion of his consciousness.  This delusion is a kind of prison for
us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few
persons nearest to us.  Our task must be to free ourselves from this
prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living
creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.  Nobody is able to
achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in
itself a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."
-- Albert Einstein