[Sca-cooks] Documentation "Fun"...was "Potatoes and personalissues"

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Wed May 24 14:51:47 PDT 2006

Of course part of the answer to this is that this is not the 1960's.  The
SCA has taken in far more people and ideas than could ever have been
encompassed or guessed at in Diana Paxton's backyard.  Many of the so called
"principals" of that party are better illustrated by the various Renn faires
across the US (not the market faires in Germany or Kentwell in the UK).  The
"founders" of the SCA had absolutely no idea of what they were loosing on
the world.  The certainly didn't have a set in concrete philosophy that they
intended to be followed in 40 years.  The SCA, like the United States has
grown beyond anything that could have been foreseen.  Perhaps if that group
of college students and educated young adults would have put documentation
high on the list - behind the booze and the beer of course - I remember
those days!

In my opinion documentation is good, learning is good, true information is
good, fun with your friends is good.  I don't see that any of them are
mutually exclusive.  If you do that's, well... You.

Wanda Pease/Regina Romsey
Never attribute to malice what can as easily
be attributed to simple social ineptness