[Sca-cooks] on Primitive

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Wed May 24 20:37:42 PDT 2006

First ... allow me to introduce my modern incarnation.

Hi.  My name is Jo Foster, and I am the Outdoor Recreation Planner for the
Bureau of Land Management in Rock Springs, Wyoming.  My responsibilities
include fourteen wilderness study areas, twenty seven recreation sites,
eighteen guide outfitter permittees, Visual Resource Management on 3.6
million federal acres, and Camp Ground Monitoring.

YUP ... among my daily duties, I manage campgrounds.  I have five.  All five
are considerd 'primitive'.  All have vault toilets, trash cans, fire rings,
and picnic tables, three of the five are near streams, one is in an Aspen
Grove and one is in the Sand Dunes Open Play area.

Primitive ... for the Fed purposes ... means no running water, no sewer, no
power, no hookups for RVs.

Cheers

Malkin
Otherhill
Artemisia

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster
jo_foster81 at hotmail.com

Cynicism is not realistic or tough - it is unrealistic and kind of cowardly,
because it means you don't have to try ... Peggy Noonan