[Sca-cooks] Air Mattress (was Pennsic Pity Party)

Martha Oser osermart at msu.edu
Thu May 25 11:09:13 PDT 2006

> Potrero this weekend has no nearby motels.  I am timorously facing my
> first war in a long time with naught but a camping type air mattress for
> a bed.    We will see how it goes.  The packing has been difficult...
> even with one less person, I seem to want to bring about the same amount
> of "stuff" for the encampment and all.
>
> If this does not work, I start pricing RV rentals.  Now that's a scary
> notion.
>
> City Kid Selene

Is your air mattress one of the standard camping-style ones, about 6 or 8
inches thick?  The kind you can roll out of and then get up from the ground?
If so, look into the Coleman "double high" air mattresses.  They are a good
18 inches thick and you can actually sit on the edge of them to put your
socks on in the morning.  My lord and I actually used one of these as our
bed for several months before we bought a mattress and box spring and it was
MUCH nicer for camping at Pennsic last year than the usual low mattress.

 -Helena