[Sca-cooks] OT Air Mattress (was Pennsic Pity Party)

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu May 25 20:16:32 PDT 2006

On 5/26/06, Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:

> I dunno...I'd think that with the right sleeping partner, that might be
> kind
> of enjoyable....
> -M/a/i/r/e/....uh, Lainie, yeah, that's right....

Dunno about you, but I find NO entertainment in trying to initially sleep on
a slippery hill, and discovering myself either falling on top of my partner,
or falling off the bed. And, during those times when I was actually on top
of the plastic mountain (head and feet lower than my middle), I suddunly
would hit bottom as he got up for one of his midnight constitutionals- and
those posts in the middle HURT. I think I'd have gotten a better night's
sleep on a roller coaster running flat out.

Next night, I grabbed most of the blankets, and slept on the floor of the
tent- a MUCH better night's sleep.

Saint Phlip

Don't like getting old? Beats the Hel out of the alternative.

The purpose of life is not to arrive at the grave, a beautiful corpse,
pretty and well-preserved, but to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, proclaiming, "Wow! What a ride!"