[Sca-cooks] Veggie suggestions for a feast

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Fri May 26 14:23:25 PDT 2006

Daniel Phelps wrote:
> >Actually, [cold vinegared cucumbers are] pretty good if you throw a little sugar and saffron
> >into the brine along with the vinegar, too.
>
> My suggestion is that you might thin slice some onion and toss it into the
> brine as well.

Hm, hadn't thought of that, but it sounds like a good addition-- red or
white onions would probably be best.  Shallots might be another thing to
try.

Incidentally, back to the original question, feastgoers here have an
entirely unexpected liking for sauerkraut.  I made it for a feast once
not knowing whether they'd like it or no, but they gobbled it all up
along with sausages and brown bread.

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,