No subject

Sun May 28 20:04:55 PDT 2006

look at you blankly, ask for the silver leaf for the sweets. ;-)

If the tops of lampreys are bluish silver, then you might want to use
silver dusting powder (it's usually mica and chalk, non-toxic and harmless
but you don't want to be eating it in quantity) and doctor it up with some
blue chalk. Yes, you heard me right, chalk.

Take blue chalk, the kind you buy at Wally's Discount Capitalist Emporium
for $.50 a box, and draw a few heavy lines on paper. Take a dry paintbrush
and drag it through the chalk lines, then brush onto your lamprey. When
he's the blue you want, dust him with silver, again with a dry brush.

This is the sort of thing you do to gum paste flowers to make them look
lifelike. You can use it on royal icing as well--it's subtle but nifty. It
also means you don't have to mess with bag striping to get multicolor
effects on your roses. I *hate* bag striping. It never comes out how I
envision it, so I've given up.

Margaret