No subject

Sun May 28 20:04:55 PDT 2006

to me that the appropriate things to serve would tend
to be post-harvest items from the area in which you're
focussing your feast. Geese, pigs, and excess cocks
tend to be slaughtered in the fall after they've been
fed by summer's bounty. Preserved foods tend not to
need fodder in the winter ;-)

Why not just serve a course based on one of the meats
you mentioned, and see if you can find an appropriate
recipe which uses wine? I'm sure, that if you wished
to add a bit of panache with your presentation, the
local kids could be prevailed upon to announce the
serving of the food with a percussion concert of
various cooking implements ;-) Could be fun for all
;-)

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,