No subject

Sun May 28 20:04:55 PDT 2006

I walk into the wierd conversation about some guy being good looking and a =
good cook, a rare quality in men that can be loved by women.  I've always e=
njoyed cooking but never volunteered for feastcrat cause I'm fearful of rui=
ning a large quanity of food and spoiling dinner, my experience has been at=
 most 10 people, so I was told treat it like multiply it by 7-8 times.  Our=
 shire has two fine cooks but they've tired slightly of always been the coo=
ks so I decided to give it a shot.  As for the additional websites, somewhe=
re new to explore ;^).  I'm always sitting when my computer, and I like to =
laugh and learn and have eating my good mistakes.  (As for the last part, o=
kay.  Why?:^) )  Aurore
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Laura C. Minnick
  To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
  Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 12:55 PM
  Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Greetings

  At 12:05 PM 4/10/02 -0500, you wrote:

  >Greetings to the Lords and Ladies,
  >    I'm new to this list and looking to doing my first feastacrat event =
in
  September, I'm in need of advice from those that have done feast or know
  about Moroccan cooking.  Thank you for any information that can be given.
  Sincerely Aurore

  Nifty! A new vict- er, member! ;-D)

  You seem to have stepped in during one of our sillier times. Not to worry=
-
  we do actually talk about period food! (And pretty men... ;-)

  First off, I would check out this really cool encyclopedic collection of
  files at:

  http://www.florilegium.org/

  Stefan has put together things from all over- email lists, articles,
  bibliographies, FAQs, etc. There is a good-sized Food section, and in the=
re
  is recipes, menus, arguments about ingredients, articles about serving,
  articles about being Head Cook (I'm sure others will tell you what the li=
st
  thinks of the term F****crat!), and planning and such. 'LainieBob says
  check it out!

  Next, look at Cariadoc's _Miscellany_, webbed at:

  http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/miscellany_pdf/Miscellany.htm

  There's a whole bunch of Islamic dishes in there, along with really good
  hints for doing a feast.

  And quite a bit of information of all kinds in the SCA-A&S Cooking page a=
t:

  http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/food.html

  If His Grace Cariadoc pops up to comment- *listen to him*. He has a wealt=
  of experience along with an amazing knowledge base, and you could do much
  worse than to follow his lead.

  Also on this list is Anahita, who is making quite a name for herself doin=
  Islamic food. She may have ideas about feasts that come from a relative
  newcomer herslf!

  And when you have specific questions, don't hesitate to ask the list! We'=
re
  a weird bunch, but we like to help, and you will always get more than you
  asked for!

  So sit down, laugh and learn, and have a good time! (And whatever you do-
  do NOT give Olwen your address! ;-)

  'Lainie