No subject

Sun May 28 20:04:55 PDT 2006

I took my information for my posting from the
list given in Repertoire des manuscrits medievaux
entry no. 47 from Du Manuscrit a la Table--

I own that Warner facsimile (1 of like 400)
so I then quoted from that.

Checked the British Library and searched that mss
catalogue there under mss descriptions...and from
there went to full details where I found this:

34. A collection of recipes in cookery.   fol. 134.
     Printed  by  the  Society   of   Antiquaries,   with
  a   Collection   of   Ordinances   and   Regulations
  for the  Royal  Household,  4to.,  1790,  p.  425.

This is part of:
Arundel 334
Extract: 334. Codex membranaceus, in 4to. ff. 220, sec. xv. inter ff.
119-120. nonnulla desunt. 1. Versus joculares inter Goliardum et
Episcopum respondentem. fol. 2. Incip. "Gol. Non invitatus . venlo pran-
dere paratus. 2. "Jeta in Amphitrione. Distichon Epigram- maticum. fol.
2. 3. "Contra fratres et homi

According to British Library cataloguing--

Arundel 344 contains:

Arundel 344

344.

Codex membranaceus,  in  4to.,  ff.  65,  secc.  xiii.,  et  xiv.
 1.  Sermonum   fragmenta,   etc.   fol.   1.
 2.    Prisciani    Grammatici    C=E6sariensis  libri  xvii.  et
  xviii.   de   constructione,   notulis   quibusdam   in-
  structi.   fol. 2. b.
     Deficiunt  in  verbis,  "utriusque  gloriari   stu-
  dent doctrine."
     Impress.   inter   Grammatic=E6   Latinan    auctores
  antiquos, ed.  H.  Putschii,  Han.  1605.  col.  1166.
 3.   Alberti    Magni    Suinma    naturalium,    cum    notis
  nonnullis   marginalibus.   fol.    40.
     Incip.  "Philosophia  dividitur  in  tres   partes,
  logycam,   ethicam,    physicam;    sive    rationalem,
  moralem, naturalem."
     Ad   calcem: "Explicit    summa    naturalium
  Domini      Alberti."

I don't find an Ancient Cookery there.

Does this help clear up anything?

Johnna Holloway