No subject

Sun May 28 20:04:55 PDT 2006

compost-msg - 3/27/01

A medieval pickled food composed of mixed fruits and vegetables. Also called
compote. "Compost is a mixed pickle, usually, but not always, made from
mixed
fruits, vegetables, and sometimes immature nuts, usually in a sauce made
from honey, white wine, vinegar, mustard and other spices."

NOTE: See also the files: campfood-msg, food-storage-msg, canning-msg,
drying-foods-msg, meat-smoked-msg, stockfish-msg, vinegar-msg, eggs-msg,
pickled-foods-msg.

There's quite a bit in there, and the Search engine actually brought up
something I wanted for a change ;-)

Another thought I had was that you might want to make sure the Autocrat lets
the populace know that it's intended to be a light supper. If you're cooking
a light supper, and he tells everyone that it's to be a feast, you're going
to have some disappointed diners, and you know who they'll be disappointed
with. I'm sure no one would do this deliberately, but as nice as that menu
sounds, I'd hate to see it marred by a misunderstanding.

I also finally got that wonderful garlic sauce recipe out of Adamantius- if
you think you want it, I'll be happy to send it along. It goes really well
with meat, and since you're doing roasts....

Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,