No subject

Sun May 28 20:04:55 PDT 2006

o is not a Christian, Muslim, or Jew, especially a worshiper of a polytheis=
tic religion.
2. One who has no religion.
3. A non-Christian.
4. A hedonist.
5. A Neo-Pagan. Neo-Paganism SYLLABICATION:Ne=B7o-Pa=B7gan=B7ismPRONUNCIATI=
ON:n-pg-nzm     KEY NOUN:Any of various religious movements arising chiefly=
 in the United Kingdom and the United States in the late 20th century that =
combine worship of pagan nature deities, particularly of the earth, with be=
nign witchcraft.
Mordonna
 XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com wrote:--
In a message dated 12/17/02 5:56:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lilinah at earthlink.net writes:

> And many of these Paganisms continue to exist, such as
> Hinduism.

Hate to chime in and correct people but Hinduism is technically not a pagan
religion. The definition of paganism is a belief system which has multiple,
INDEPENDENT gods, such as the Greeks, Romans, Sumerians, etc etc. Hinduism
believes that there are multiple deities, but they are all dependent or a
part of one Supreme Essence or existance. At least thats how it is in Saivi=
te
and Vaishnavite Hinduism. I believe the Sakti sect is the same, except they
worship Sakti and her multiple forms as that Supreme Essence. The Smarti se=
ct
is also somewhat monotheistic where a individual person worships one deity =
as
their own personal deity. There is a word for this where you have multiple
gods but they are all part of one Divine Spirit (Heliotheism or something
like that). Again, I hate to correct (or attempt to correct) people but I
have studied Hinduism somewhat extensively since if I wasn't becoming
Catholic, I would become Hindu.

Question for those who are Pagan/Wiccan:What is the difference between plai=
Wicca/Pagan religion and the NeoPagan/NeoWiccan? Is it difference in practi=
ce
or difference in the followings of writings (As in maybe the NeoWiccans
follow Aleister Crowley's rules, etc. I'm not too fluent in Paganism and
Witchcraft in the whole, even though I do have Pagan/Wiccan friends)

On the foodie note, I had some good parmesan bread....yum!!

Misha

Lady Anne du Bosc
Known as Mordonna The Cook
Atenveldt, Atenveldt