[Sca-cooks] Rust removal

Dan Brewer danqualman at gmail.com
Mon May 1 15:39:36 PDT 2006

Is it surface rust or is it pitted?  If you put the pan is a mild acid
solution ( vinigar) for a couple of days most of the rust will be eaten
away.  I would wash the pan with cleanser first to remove any gease that
might be on the pan. ANd then put the pan in a plastic bucket that is big
enough to hold the pan flat.  Pour an inch or so of vinigar in the pan and
let sit.  Come back the next day and scrub with a scoch pad. Rince and then
season with shorting or bacon grease.  Wasthe pan only with enough soap to
remove the grease.  Always dry before putting away.

Happy cooking
Dan of Auburn