[Sca-cooks] Silk Road timeframe, take 2

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon May 1 19:00:20 PDT 2006

Rather than try to answer your questions, permit me to give you a few online
references, so you may make your own determinations.

Bear

Main Caravan Routes and Information about Trade:

http://depts.washington.edu/uwch/silkroad/texts/weilue/appendices.html#a
http://depts.washington.edu/uwch/silkroad/texts/pegol.html (Pegolotti's
Merchant Handbook)

William of Rubruck (including the journey of John Pian of Carpini):

http://depts.washington.edu/uwch/silkroad/texts/rubruck.html
http://depts.washington.edu/uwch/silkroad/maps/rubruck.html

Ch'ang Ch'un:

http://depts.washington.edu/uwch/silkroad/texts/changchun.html