[Sca-cooks] Re: Mysost/Gjetost (cheese)

Carole Smith renaissancespirit2 at yahoo.com
Mon May 1 19:01:39 PDT 2006

When I made gjetost I didn't have a slow cooker, and safety minded critter that I am, would not go off and leave the whey for very long at a time when it was cooking down on my stove top.  That's why it took so long to cook down.

  I got my first crock pot recently, and will keep this method in mind for "next time".

  Cordelia Toser

Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:
  Crock pot works just fine, once the whey has boiled down a certain
amount....
--Maire