[Sca-cooks] Rust removal

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Mon May 1 21:23:25 PDT 2006

> > Well, I'm getting very nervous about amateurs using power tools,
particularly
> when they're being used for purposes they weren't originally intended for.
> Your average person can use a drill to drill holes in a piece without a
> problem, but when you use it as a rotary tool like a grinder, you're looking
> for trouble. It's almost as familiar as a drill, and often people don't
> realize that none of the safety shields are in place. Bits of wire flying off
> a wire brush can do heavy damage, that a leather apron and the usual plastic
> shield on a bench grinder can protect you from, for example. At least with
> the electrolysis set up, the user is aware they're using an unfamiliar tool,
> and will be more careful.
>
> Phlip, who yesterday was highly entertained by Rob, who misdirected the
> sparks from something he was grinding, and set his crotch on fire. Burned
> through his sweatshirt, his sweat pants, and his bdu shorts, finally stopping
> at his (fortunately) cotton undershorts.

Oh-KAY, I won't use the power drill.  Jeeeze!  Everybody's crotch is safe
from me, on so many levels.  <GRIN>

Because of you, I just awoke from an interesting afternoon nap's dream of an
ancient Norse-type saga where I went through that procedure with the
chieftain's sword to clean it after he slew his enemy and impressed the
whole tribe most mightily.  Thus are the things dreams are made on.

I may look into a battery charger tomorrow and try this out. All gods
forbid, I get mocked by Oso and Rock yet again.  It figures you would know
them... I'm one of their best repeat customers in these here parts.

Thanks to everyone who responded, I'm looking at the Flori-thingie page as
well.

Ever yours, Selene