[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 36, Issue 22

cldyroz at aol.com cldyroz at aol.com
Fri May 5 15:22:18 PDT 2006

I thought so. It has been several decades since I made a butter crust. I usually do a criso one that does well.
Just keep things cool and it all should be well...i hope. I think I will stick the mixing bowl in the freezer when I get home, just to be sure (the house gets hot since the Grandfather likes to set the thermostat at 75. At 100, he's allowed.)
The recipe calls for partially baking the crust, before you put in the filling, so, hopefully, that will take care of the soggy bottom potential-though I have never had any luck with that before. :P Mundane Custard pies and I have a long-standing argument going on. <G> If this works, I may change my mundane pie recipe.

I think that the recipe calls for the stirring so that all of the filling gets to the proper temperature to set. Ovens were not the enclosed marvels we have today.
Let's see...isn't a quart 4 cups? then the ratio I am thinking of would be 8 yolks...OK.
Now, what to do with all those egg whites...<G>

thank you!!!
Helen

Message: 9