[Sca-cooks] Diabetes and Honey - substitute or not?

Fairy Tale Designs avrealtor at prodigy.net
Sat May 6 13:13:29 PDT 2006

I would have to agree. There also varying degrees of the amount of sugar a diabetic can handle. For example, my father who is borderline diabetic can have small amount s of fruits and sugar free bakery goods.  He can also eat some "speadable fruit" jams/jellies.  He is not however insulin dependent, yet.  He does check his glucose before and after meals though

  -Muiriath

Adele de Maisieres <ladyadele at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
  Ysabeau wrote:
> How does honey fit into the diabetic diet?

1. Don't take a request for a menu that's x-friendly without a detailed
explanation of what that entails.
2. Serve a variety of foods, so that a person who has to avoid some of
them can still have a good dinner.

(I have no idea whether this dish can be called diabetic-friendly or
no-- I suspect that it has a great deal to do with the proportion and
the size of the servings. Probably best to quiz the person making the
request about their exact needs).

--
Adele de Maisieres