[Sca-cooks] Diabetes and Honey - substitute or not?

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Sat May 6 21:53:11 PDT 2006

Probably best, if you are not a dietician yourself, to consult a dietician
or simply prepare the meal with ample variety of foodstuffs that diabetics
can enjoy.  If you are committed to this Cooking Light magazine recipe for
the visiting SCA nobles, then the dietician could direct modifications, or
give the diners as much information as possible for them to make informed
consent for themselves.

You might find even more muslim recipe options in al-bagdadi (sp?), or on
Cariadoc's webpages.  They will have similar challenges in that they are not
developed for diabetics per se, but it does offer you more options if you
need them, and some added adventure into historical recipes that could be
similar to what you are considering form the magazine.

niccolo difrancesco
(always an invitation to use the historical source to feed good food to good
people)