[Sca-cooks] re:long peppers, etc.

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue May 9 11:03:06 PDT 2006

At 10:56 AM 5/9/2006, you wrote:
>cilantro has a soapish like taste and ginger has a perfume soapish like
>taste to me. With lemon balm, to me it tastes like salad greens with a hint
>of lemon Pledge.
>Lyse

I'm not crazy about the taste of lemon balm, though I will eat it to be
polite (which I don't do with cilantro if I can possible get away with it-
the taste of the stuff poisons the rest of my food for the rest of the
day). But I do like to cut bundles of lemon balm (we have a lot of it here
in the yard) and strew them about the pathways in camp. As people step on
it, the scent is released and it's very nice. I also like to do the same
with rosemary cuttings.

'Lainie