[Sca-cooks] re:long peppers, etc.

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Tue May 9 12:49:04 PDT 2006

Having insanely hot food overpower every other taste and texture sensation
in food is like taking one single note froma  Symphony and playing it really
loud for a long time on one instrument.  Sure, spicy hot foods can be
downright heavenly for people, but I am right along with the rest that there
has to be a supporting cast "to make the sensation into flavor".  My 10"
Dick is quite large enough that I don't have to prove anything to anyone
with peppers . . . and straight granualted citric acid takes a real man BTW.
I want some savory, herby, non-hot spicey, salty, bitter, and/or a little
sweet with my tongue-searing hot sensation.

My father has an unusual condition wherein he has lost fine taste sensation.
He only tastes very strong and intense flavors.  so, he likes the bigger
flavors.  I suspect that there are some out there who cannot actually sense
the fine distinctions in flavor of fresh herbs and the varieties of
cinnamon/cassia and reach for <<insert stereotypical condiment here>> to
please their palets.  Ketchhup or salt is just as overpowering as capsaicin,
just not as likely to blister the innards.

Give my whole tongue and nose something to do while you're playing with the
"hot buds".  It's kinda stingy not to bring something for everyone (all the
sensory inputs) to play with.

niccolo