[Sca-cooks] re:avocado

Kathleen A Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Tue May 9 14:17:49 PDT 2006

On Tue, 9 May 2006 15:15:57 -0500
  "Marcha" <nigsdaughter at satx.rr.com> wrote:
  So it is just a
>personal thing between me and avocado!

funny how memories like that can affect your likes and
dislikes.

my husband came to me with a few food icks.

seems every dinner of his life for quite a few years as a
young teenager was steak and coleslaw (store bought).  his
step father loved it.  he grew to hate cole slaw.  would
even shiver if i was eating it.

his mom ate sauerkraut cold from the can and appaently
made a meatloaf you could use for fishing sinkers.

fortunately, my home made cole slaw has won him over (even
sided with steak which i really try not to do), and my
sauerkraut casserole (pork, white wine, fennel, onions,
apples and a touch of sugar) has him eating almost as much
of it as me on major holidays.  i am still working on the
meatloaf... ;)

odd, tho, that no matter how many toes were bitten by blue
crabs while he was playing in the chesapeake bay or severn
river, he never nurtured a dislike for them.

cailte

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy."
W. B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
University of New Mexico
Office of Freshman Admissions