[Sca-cooks] My Menu for Ian and Katherine's Last Championships, May 13th

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue May 9 16:04:30 PDT 2006

On May 9, 2006, at 6:39 PM, Michael Gunter wrote:

>> I'm told I have about $11 a head (actually 13 or 14, but that
>> includes dayboard, which the lovely and talented Mistress Andrea
>> is  handling), so I'm imposing that limit on my spending.
>
> Wow. Yeah. $11 a head is really sweet.

Yes, it is, but nowhere near some budgets I've seen around here. It
was considered quite high a few years ago, but food costs have gone
up for many items, and we still have to spend it carefully to give a
good product. Of course, there's that little cushion you often have
when you sell out your feast. This is a one-time event, though, so
the dynamic is a little different.

> Damn, my 12th Night feast
> was barely $5 and that was by being creative. It's cool you are
> remembering the dayboard wrangler as well.

Well, after all, I want a nice dayboard, and they cost money, too.
I've asked one of the two or three best dayboard cooks I've ever seen
to do it, so the least I can do is try not to let her do it all on 23
cents a head, right ;-) ?

>> heck, why don't you come and just enjoy  the feast?
>
> I'd love to. Unfortunately I'm blowing my cash and vacation to go
> up to An Tir's Crown Tourney next weekend and check out the
> Seattle area.

Tell Bill Gates he stinks, from me, okay? ;-)

>> Adamantius
>
> Break a leg...well, I guess that doesn't work....hmm....may your
> sauces never scortch.

Well, we've only got one that's cooked, and I have a pretty good
nose ;-)

But thanks!

Adamantius

eat cake!"