[Sca-cooks] re:long peppers, etc.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue May 9 19:54:43 PDT 2006

> Personally I detest the current trend in spicing up practically everything!  Not only do I feel it simply disguises the taste of the food you are eating and all you can taste is the hot spice but I happen to be allergic to capsaicin. Makes me wonder how many other folk have the same feelings/problelm that I have?
> Bertha

Well, I like spices generally, but I could live without capsicums in
general. There are a few dishes-- salsa, chickpea saute'-- that seem to
need at least sweet pepper. but the modern trend of acting as if food
that doesn't have capsicums in it must be dessert irritates the heck out
of me.

Phlip, I know you will disagree, but frankly, everyone's got something
they dislike.  I like 'hot' spices of other types, but I lack the gene
to see a flavor enhancement in the adding of extra btu's.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on
imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand."
	-- Harry S. Truman