[Sca-cooks] re:long peppers, etc.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue May 9 22:30:58 PDT 2006

> Speaking of cilantro tasting like soap to some people (me).  I have
> lemon balm seedlings coming up all over the yard.  It also tastes
> like soap to me and I can't imagine making tea out of the
> stuff.  Anyone else get the same?

I love the taste/smell but it does remind me a bit of artificial lemon
scent; perhaps that is what you are getting?

After all, there are a lot of modern people who can't stand rose flavor
in food because they say 'it tastes like soap' -- that is, it's so
strongly associated with soap in their minds that they taste soap when
they taste it!

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on
imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand."
	-- Harry S. Truman