[Sca-cooks] OOP-Buttercream Frosting

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed May 10 10:01:45 PDT 2006

On May 10, 2006, at 11:26 AM, Laura C. Minnick wrote:

> As I was frosting the cake, the butter began to melt. Seriously
> melt- it sagged and fell off the sides, and the middle layer began
> sliding off of the bottom layer. I freaked out, and called my
> mother in hysterics. She came over with a carton of eggs and some
> cream of tartar and told me to GO HOME. I still don't know exactly
> what she did, but the next day the frosting was firmly on the cake,
> albeit with a few crumbs visible in it.

My bet is she did something sinister with Royal Icing.

My own wedding cake was baked by a real little old Jewish lady from
Brooklyn, and consisted of two tiers of genoise and one of fruitcake.
It also began to go on walkabout and acquire a distinctly Dr.
Seussian appearance during the ceremony, but it was repaired with a
combination of craft, skill,  brute force, and several chopsticks
stuck into it at strategic locations.

Adamantius

Holt, 07/29/04