[Sca-cooks] OOP-Buttercream Frosting

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Wed May 10 17:51:11 PDT 2006

On 5/10/06 4:09 PM, "Huette von Ahrens" <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:

> If there is one thing that I absolutely hate is the taste of a crisco
> frosting.  Blech!!!!
> And to have the audacity to call it "buttercream" is like a bait and switch
> scheme, IMHO.

Objection noted.  The thing is, she was looking for an icing that might
stand up to summer temperatures.  Real butter won't, period.  You have the
good sense to avoid a summer wedding at least.  <smile>

I've scored some interesting flavor extracts at the India Sweets store.
Rose, Jasmine, Cardamom... These might serve as diversionary tactics to
distract from crisco frosting.  Just a thought.  NO, not at your wedding,
just an idea for Helena's project.

Selen e