[Sca-cooks] blue cheese? sampling spices?

SilverR0se at aol.com SilverR0se at aol.com
Thu May 11 11:32:03 PDT 2006

In a message dated 5/9/2006 2:26:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
karobert at unm.edu writes:

> what is the best way to taste spices?  i won a selection
> of of medieval spices (galangal, grains of paradise, long
> pepper) and would like to find out how they taste.  is
> just nibbling good, or should they have a vehicle like
> bread or chicken breast.

I teach a Collegium Caidis class on spices and alway supply white bread for
tasting spice son. Usually every one nibbles the spices directly and used the
bread to clean their palates for the next one.

Plained boiled, poached or roast chicken reast would do, too.

Renata