[Sca-cooks] Harvest times

ysabeau ysabeau at mail.ev1.net
Fri May 12 09:17:31 PDT 2006

I'll jump in here to add these links:
http://wintercenter.homestead.com/photoscblizzard.html

http://www.pawneecountyhistory.com/yesteryear/blizzard.html

One of the guys at work read about this blizzard and got me
curious. It is a blizzard that occurred in 1888 and I think LIW
might have included it in one of her books (possibly the Long
Winter...it's been a while since I read them). I seem to remember
her trying to get from the schoolhouse to another building and her
and Carrie getting separated...or I could be completely confuzzled
with another book or tv show.

There is a book called "The Children's Blizzard" on Amazon.

Either way, this is interesting reading.

Ysabeau

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net