[Sca-cooks] another horseradish question

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Fri May 12 10:46:05 PDT 2006

>I'm making horseradish for our Crown feast tomorrow, and I have a question
>about method: I have a Kitchen-Aid mixer with the food grinder attachment,
>I have some manual grinders, I have a Kitchen-Aid blender, and I have hand
>graters. I am leaning towards the blender or the mixer for ease of
>preparation--anybody have any input on which one would work better?

The grinder would probably be better than the blender, though the slicer/shredder would be better still.  I use a food processor with a shredding disc.  In any case, make sure you're working in a well-ventilated area, and don't lean over the container.  The fumes from freshly-grated horseradish are... potent.

Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom