[Sca-cooks] Favorite insides for hand held pies

Patrick Levesque petruvoda at videotron.ca
Sat May 13 16:41:21 PDT 2006

Well, I don't know about Micaylah's pocket tourtière, but if you have a
large baking dish, cover it with 1/2 an inch of dough, and then add chopped
meat of whatever variety you happen to have on hand - really, we're not too
fussy about our Tourtière - some even add in chopped potatoes, I'm rather
partial to this actually :-)

The spice list is about right (I've never seen the grains of paradise in a
tourtière before, but that's a rather neat idea), and why not throw in a few
laurel leaves with that?

Then let cover it with another 1/2 inch sheet of dough, and let it bake in
the oven for most of the day, the longer the better really...

Feeds an extended family of 40 rather well :-)) (or at least, it does for my
in-laws - heck, my extended family is about 15 people :-)))

Petru

And the spring day over here is anything but glorious, it's been pouring
down non-stop since yesterday :-(